Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Tweet Me!

Every September we charge into our classrooms armed with brand new ideas we are convinced will change everything.  Some of them don't work out as we planned, but some do.  And they do... change. Everything.





I made this bulletin board in hopes of helping my closure of lessons.  It has done that and more.  At the end of lessons, or during independent work time, I tell students to "Tweet me!"  Depending on my direction, they can tweet anything from one math problem to a question they still have about the lesson or something they learned and are excited about.  They stick their post it note to the board and I can check at a later time (or right then) to see who needs extra help or who still has questions.  It is a great informal assessment and helps me to make sure I am checking on all 27 students in the room.


No comments:

Post a Comment