Saturday, August 11, 2012

Birthday Bouquet... For the Lazy Teachers Like Me

I fell in love with the idea of the Birthday Bouquet.  It's adorable and something I think the kids would really remember.  I saw this idea originally on More Time 2 Teach.   I love creating things for my classroom... once.  I am not one to have to do it every single year, especially something like that that requires this much cutting.  Yes, I'm lazy.  Hats off to all the teachers who do it, you are much more ambitious than me! 

So I modified the system a bit to make it a little less labor intensive for me.  (Did I mention I'm lazy?) 

I made my own flowers that I cut out and will have laminated.  The students will pick a pencil and attach it on the first days of school.  They will write their name and birthday in wipe off marker on the back of the flower they choose. 





Then on their birthday they will turn their flower in for a little certificate that they take home.  



I realize the point was not to have to give a certificate, but to me, it is a fair trade off to not have to cut these bloody flowers every August! Want them? Click here!



No comments:

Post a Comment